Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reality Shows

What is the cause and effect of the popularity of television reality shows?

Whether or not you are a fan of reality shows, whether you love them or hate them, you will have an opinion on them. Mention one or two of the popular ones in your writing. Why are these shows popular? Why do people watch? Why do you watch? Or, why don’t you watch?


Reality show are popular for three reasons only- Drama drama and some more drama. Over the past few years the shows have increased their popularity because how real these shows can get. I used to watch them a whole lot when I had time but now I live a very busy life that I only glance at it here and there. These shows can lure you in and it can definitely be addicting. I remember the reality show I used to watch all the time it was "the real world" on MTV. Why I watched them? Because I could relate to some of the cast members and because I liked seeing what went on behind the scenes. That's another thing why I think people love the reality shows, because we are all by nature desperate wanting to see what's going on with the lives of other people. Nowadays TV shows are all about Reality TV like American Idol, Top Chef, The bachelor, Jon & kate plus eight, America's next top model, The biggest Looser.. and well the list goes on. Jon & Kate plus eight was one of my favorite shows to watch because I loved seeing the cute little kids grow up in front of my eyes. Also seeing how both Jon and Kate struggle to keep all eight kids under control. Then it turned bad when Jon & Kate started talking about each other and how they wanted to separate. That's when I stopped watching it ! I did not want to see how a really nice family who had worked hard for what they had but with fame and everything lost what truly matter. I did not want to watch it but millions of Americas did. The cause of these reality show is that people find that they can relate to these situations or characters but in reality the effect is that people want to judge and take part in the lives of others that is not theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment