Sunday, December 13, 2009

Online learning

Discuss the future of online class as a viable alternative method of learning.
For centuries, the “school building” (in all its varieties) has been the dominant “place” for educational activities. Will online learning replace the traditional classroom learning? Why or Why not?

How will educational programs change as a result of online learning? Will all colleges and universities be compelled to offer classes online? Will online students be distinct and different from the students who pursue traditional classroom learning? Should all students be required to participate in online learning?

Any other comments about online learning of the future you would care to make are optional.

Online classes have enable students to continue their education by giving them flexibility and convenience. More and more students who work full time or have families to take care are opting for online learning. Each year there are more classes being offered to online students because the demand for it, is increasing. I don't think we're going to see the rate decline anytime soon. Online learning gives that flexibility to learn and do homework anytime the student can. However, I do think there may be a disadvantage of online classes. I personally would love to be sitting in a classroom face to face with the teacher but I can't do to my schedule with my job. The online classes I'm taking right now are my pre-requisites but I do plan on taking my major courses on campus, because I feel sometimes that I'm being self-taught with the online classes. Online classes are just convenient but I think classroom learning will always be important for the student's learning ability. I don't think that all students should be required to take online classes at any point because again the majority of the students that are taking it is because of the flexibility around their schedules. Classroom learning has a greater impact in a student's learning because it allows them to interact not only with the teacher but with their peers as well, and that is very important. Classroom learning will always be important and I don't think it may be replaced by anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment