Should the government pass laws to regulate the types of food served in fast food restaurants? Why or why not?
Support your answer with examples from a minimum of two restaurants, as well as specific food items at those restaurants.
My personal opinion is that government should not pass any laws regulating the kinds of foods served in restaurants. One of the things that makes this country so different is the freedom we have. Fast food restaurants are an example of that freedom to us citizens to choose where and what to eat. My favorite fast food is sonic I love the fact that I can drive in and park my car while I order my favorite burger or chili fries. I mean how boring would it be if we didn't have fast food restaurants like Mcdonalds, Burger King, or Fat Mo's. As citizens we need to have that choice and decide on our own if we choose to eat at fast foods or not. I think passing laws to regulate the kinds of food in fast food would be a waste of money. Fast food restaurants have been linked to the cause of obesity in this country and that may be true to some extent. However, I do think that instead of regulating laws for fast food I think we need to have lower prices for healthy food that people can eat as well. It is outrageous how the price for a natural juice is much higher than that of a soda. This are the kinds of things that they need to focus on, not take our own personal preference in the kind of foods we choose to consume.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment